Today I want to share with you why quinoa is such a healthy superfood. Quinoa is very high in fiber, much higher than most grains. It also contains a lot of protein, with all the essential amino acids we need. Quinoa is gluten-free, so it is very useful for people with gluten intolerance. When you eat quinoa regularly, your metabolic health can improve. And what matters the most is that quinoa just tast good with a lot of other foods. It is very easy to incorporate in your diet and gives some variety to eating vegetables all the time when you are trying to lose weight.
Last but least, I want to share this quinoa salad recipe with you. Below are the ingredients that you need to make this meal:
- 70g of quinoa
- half a tablespoon of cinnamon
- 40g of frozen peas
- 1/4 zucchini
- one spoon of olive oil
- a few leaves of mint (2 or 3 will do)
- a hand of roasted almonds
So what now?
1. Fist you cook the quinoa together with the cinnamon (cooking time differs with all sorts of quinoa, so check the package). The last three minutes you add the peas to the pan. When that’s done you put it al though a zeef so all the water can go out. After that you can put it back in the pan.
2. In the meanwhile you slice the zucchini into little cubes (whatever size works for you). Heat up some oil in a frying pan and fry these cubes for about 4 minutes (until they are golden brown). After that season with pepper and salt.
3. Put the fried zucchini cubes in the pan with quinoa. Slice up the mint leaves in to little pieces and also add them to the quinoa. Just add one more tablespoon of oil to all of this and maybe season it a little bit more with salt or pepper.
4. Serve the quinoa on some nice big plates and sprinkle your dish with the roasted almonds.
If there are some other ingredients that you like to add you can. Crumbled goat cheese, chicken or fish or a sliced avocado are also really nice to add to this dish.
I hope you like the recipe and that I convinced you guys to eat quinoa once in a while, because it is really good for you. Enjoy!
Lots of love,